Frequently Asked Questions
On the Day
Yes, 7 days a week. **PLEASE NOTE operating dates and departures are subject to change – for live availability please check within the booking cart**
Parking is available at the nearby Pier Shopping Complex/Shangri-la hotel, located opposite the Reef Fleet Terminal. Hourly cost is from AUD $1.20 for indoor and outdoor parking. All day parking is also available near Trinity Wharf at approximately $3 per day.
We have hotel transfers available on our 0900 full day service only and prices vary depending on location of your hotel. Please call our team for more info. From $25 for Cairns and $35 for Northern Beaches.
Yes, please check in at The Reef Fleet Terminal (Look for Fitzroy Island signage) at least 30 minutes prior to your departure. Please present relevant vouchers or itineraries at check in exchange for your boarding passes.
All our vessels are pram friendly. However walks on the island can be rocky and include steps so are not advised when walking. Ask our friendly team on board to store the pram for you (Subject to the vessel being stationed at the Island)
A choice of :
- Double Smoked Leg Ham, Cheddar Cheese, Dijon Mustard, Tomato and Lettuce Baguette
- Marinated Chicken Breast, Cucumber, Carrot, Herbed Mayonnaise and Salad Half Wrap
Options include Seasonal Whole Fruit and Carmen’s Chocolate and Cranberry Muesli Bar, Bottled Water and Juice
Dietary options for vegetarian, celiac, gluten, pork free (must call to arrange)
Hopefully not. This depends largely on the individual. Travelling on our fast, stable boats ensures the smoothest possible ride. If conditions are forecast 15 knots or below it will generally be smooth going.
At 20 knots and above it can get a little bumpy at times however our skippers are skilled in picking the best route to our destination. If you are prone to other common forms of motion sickness such as travelling in a car or plane you may wish to take precautions such as a sea sickness tablet approximately 30 minutes prior to departure for maximum benefit.
December-February: 29c, 83f
March-May: 25c, 76f
June-August: 22c, 72f
September-November: 25c, 76f
Yes. The island has plenty of trees inland and spots around the beach to seek shelter. The lyrca stinger suits are great sun protection too.
Yes, you can cancel or amend your tour to a different date (subject to availability) if you notify us 24 hours or more prior to travel.
If you need to cancel or change dates within 24 hours of travel a 100% cancellation fee applies
Please note a ‘no show’ (where passengers do not turn up to the specified pick-up point or departure point without notification) automatically incurs a 100% cancellation fee.
On very rare occasions, tours can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. If a tour does not operate for any reason, passengers will be offered a full refund or an alternative day of travel.
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking:
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit when you hire snorkel gear from us. Should you require a lycra suit for other activities or to snorkel around the island, you will need to pay $10 per adult and $5 per child.